Assisting Children to Smile also known as the A.C.T.S. program, is an Official program of the Grand Chapter of South Dakota, Order of the Eastern Star to provide orthodontic care for eligible children in South Dakota. Orthodontic treatment can have a profound effect not only on the physical health of a child but also their emotional well being resulting in a positive outlook that will continue throughout their lives. The A.C.T.S. program is a new and innovative approach to providing orthodontic care for a deserving but under served population.
The A.C.T.S. program is a partnership between the Grand Chapter of South Dakota Order of the Eastern Star, the South Dakota Orthodontic Society, and the South Dakota Sunshyne Smiles Dental Foundation.
The South Dakota Dental Association in conjunction with the South Dakota Orthodontic Society will administer the program.
Funding for the A.C.T.S. program has been made possible through donations from the Eastern Star Chapters and members across South Dakota. Additional donations from Individuals or Organizations wishing to help us with this very worthy project are greatly appreciated and will enable us to assist a greater number of children. One hundred percent of the funds raised are used to provide orthodontic care to children.
Elegibility Requirements Include:
1. Applicant must be the parent or legal guardian of the child requiring treatment.
2. The Child must be a resident of South Dakota under the age of 18 and agree to remain in the area until care is completed.
3. Applicant must demonstrate financial eligibility and be able to make monthly payments of approximately $15-$75 per month.
4. Applicant must demonstrate the child's need for treatment by Orthodontic evaluation.
5. The Child must demonstrate and maintain good oral hygiene practices throughout the treatment period.
6. The Applicant and child must agree to cooperate and follow directions as established by the treating orthodontist.
7. The Applicant will be required to provide informed consent for treatment through a signed statement.
Located throughout the State of South Dakota,
participating Orthodontists are graduates of an
ADA accredited Orthodontic program.
The number of children treated is dependent
on available Orthodontists and funds.
For more information and testimonials please click the link below.
If you are interested in an application, or being a benefactor in this valuable program
Please click this link, print out the form and mail it in to the address shown on the form.
or contact one of the following A.C.T.S. Board of Directors:
Maurice Peterson (Sue), PP-Chair
3432 Willowbend Rd.
Rapid City, SD 57703
Wilbur Albrecht (Judy), PGP-V Chair
39902 119th St.
Columbia, SD 57433
Leslee Wallis, PM-Sec
8320 Highland Loop
Rapid City, SD 57702
Brandi Marchetti (Jeff), PM-Treas
2200 S Camden Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Jan Grage (Dave), PM-Trustee
31025 Greenfield Rd
Burbank, SD 57010
ACT NOW!!! Help us make a difference
This program is making a difference in Children's lives by improving their self-image, self-confidence and perception of the world around them. You too can help us to make a difference through your donation to the A.C.T.S. program. Together we can "make a difference"
The program costs $900 per year per child for 3 years.
A.C.T.S. Inc. or Assisting Children to Smile, Inc.
BACK TO HOME PAGE